Utilizing its proven methodology and industry expertise, Fission executed a highly detailed and complex carve-out on an aggressive client timeline.
Client was an industry-leading provider of electrical and utility solutions for a broad range of customers and end-market applications.
Client had a complex supporting application landscape and an aggressive separation timeline with a targeted cloud-based solution landscape.
- The separation agreement required the carve-out to be completed within four months
- The source system was an older version (v1709) of SAP S4
- Over 70 applications needed to be assessed for migration
- Approximately 1.5 TB of data to be carved out of a 5 TB database, with complex requirements, needed to be migrated
- Executed clone-and-delete approach of SAP S4
- Utilized custom project management dashboard to facilitate progress across workstreams
- Assessed, planned and managed the migration of 43 distinct applications
- Worked alongside hosting provider to establish the new systems environment
- Established SAP integration with third-party operational applications
- Migrated relevant archive data which was critical for customer operations
- Planned a tight project plan and cutover plan, providing clear team expectations, communication pathways, and milestone execution for necessary timeline
- Finalized transfer of 1.5 terabytes of data accurately and efficiently
- Integrated 43 applications successfully into the target SAP system
- Established a fully separate environment aligned to client-approved carve-out criteria which would then become the foundation for a strategic, future ERP transformation project (ECC Merger Into S4 Rise Environment)
- Completed the highly complex and detailed carve-out on time and within budget (benchmarked to standard carve-out executions)
- Executed cutover processes and achieved a go-live with zero critical defects and no data loss